21 July 2010

date-licious

i recently rediscovered something very delicious! they just happen to be a local specialty here in the UAE... dates! not the man variety (although those can be nice too), but the tree variety! I recall using these in a cooking class once, and perhaps even in a eating them in restaurant a time or two, but they never hit me as anything special until I got here.


They are everywhere here, and they are delicious! There so many varieties and they come stuffed with different things like candied orange peels and almonds. They are even a topping option at pinkberry! yes, you heard correctly... there is a pinkberry at mall of the emirates in Dubai!



I like them so much, i've even taken the back to the states as wedding gifts. Bateel is my favorite shop for dates, they have great gift boxes and they give you free samples!

Now, to my friends out there who are picky eaters, I know they look a little strange, but trust me... yum! Channel the lesson we all learned from Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham... you really might like them Sam I Am!

No comments:

Post a Comment