01 May 2010

obsession v. addiction

 

addiction. the feeling of not having a phone to flick on the minute my plane landed, not hearing the familiar stream of beeps from missed calls and texts left me with a wave of freedom and anxiety all at once. 

obsession. i fell in love with the iphone the first second i laid eyes on one, but until now my loyalty to verizon has held me back.   and now that I am in the uae, a far cry from the reaches of verizon's amazing service range, i can finally indulge!... or so i thought. 


a trip to the mobile phone store today confronted me with an interesting dilemma...  

i went in to get a phone and at least a prepaid plan until my residency visa is processed. this is all moving along swimmingly until i announce what phone i want.  iphone... 

salesman: we are out of iphones.  
me: ok, is there another location that has them?  
salesman: all of abu dhabi is out of iphone
me: when do you think they will be available?
salesman: maybe sometime next week.

obsession v. addiction?  

obsession wins, who really needs a cell phone if it isn't an iphone anyways!






1 comment:

  1. how on earth is ALL of Abu Dhabi out of iPhones? Thats just ridiculous...!

    ReplyDelete